This post on fastweb scholarship reviews helps to clear many doubts that’s rising from questions on fastweb scholarship legit and how to know a legit scholarship.
All scholarships on Fastweb meet an extensive list of scholarship provider guidelines in order to be included within Fastweb’s scholarship database.
How does Fastweb make sure the scholarships on our website are legitimate?
All scholarships listed within the Fastweb scholarship database must meet certain requirements in order to be included, such as no fees, no personal information (student’s social security number), etc. is required to apply for the provider’s scholarship.
Fastweb is a resource that matches students like you to scholarships based on content within a student’s member profile. After you sign up to be a Fastweb member, you create a profile and have the chance to search millions of scholarships within their database. When they match you to scholarships, they’ll notify you. AND, all services on Fastweb are 100% free.
Once you’re matched to a scholarship or you find a scholarship you’d like to learn a little more about, we recommend that you check out the scholarship details page provided. On a scholarship’s detail page, you can click to see the specific scholarship’s details, like the award amount, application criteria and scholarship deadline. From there, you’re able to click through to be redirected to the scholarship provider’s web site. On each scholarship provider’s site you can get further instructions on the application process, as every scholarship provider’s scholarship application process is different.
Once you find a college scholarship you’re interested in applying for, you’ll be provided with all of the application and qualification details. Remember, it’s up to you whether you follow up and apply with the scholarship provider.
In addition to Fastweb scholarship being the top spot to find legitimate college scholarships, Fastweb is a top resource for students to find legitimate internships and legitimate local part-time jobs, too! Plus, Fastweb offers great tips on everything from financial aid to student life. Fastweb members of all ages should make sure to utilize all of the great, free resources available to you!
Where else can you find legitimate scholarships? Legitimate scholarships can be found in many different places, such as:
• Scholarship databases, like Fastweb
• College financial aid offices
• High school counselor offices
• Federal agencies
• Your state’s grant agency
• Your local library’s reference section
• Religious organizations
• Community organizations
• Local businesses
• Professional associations
• Organizations related to your field of study/major
• Organizations related to your unique circumstances
(Unique circumstances include examples like being adopted, affected by a disability, military children – even being left-handed or a twin!)
• Organizations related to your unique hobbies and/or interests
• Race, ethnicity & gender-based organizations
• Your Employer
• Parents’ Employers
• Scholarship web sites
When using these or any college scholarship resources, it’s important to remember that, unfortunately, not all scholarships or scholarship providers are legitimate. Make sure to do your due diligence and:
• Research the scholarship provider or organization.
• Verify that the organization or provider has previous scholarship winners.
• Contact the organization directly.
• Verify that the scholarship organization or scholarship provide has nothing to gain from you applying to their scholarship.
• A good test: If a scholarship provider has altruistic intentions, as a legitimate scholarship provider should, they invest in you – not the other way around.
• Protect (never share) personal information you shouldn’t, like your social security number.
• Never pay to apply for a scholarship opportunity